Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Maybank or Maybe Bank

I usually received my salary in cheque. Subsequently I will bank in the cheque to my account at Maybank. However last week when I enquired why my balance still unchanged, the dreadful news was conveyed to me........ MY CHEQUE IS BOUNCED.

The ever helpful officer, informed me that the image copy of the cheque is on the way to me via courier services. As such a fee of RM5 will be deducted from my account. The questions that stumped me are :

1. Why the bank didn't informed me about the bounced cheque when they required us to write our phone number at the back of the cheque? Instead I have to make calls to few places and find it out on my own.

2. Why they charge my account for the mistake that I didn't make? The issuer made a mistake and I received the cheque in good faith. Allright, I admit, shit happens. But why the bank charged me? Why don't they charge the issuer who made the mistake?

I was always proud of Maybank. It is where I started my career and I had a very good memories and there are many peoples that I still look up to in Maybank. But now........ it seems that I became a victim for a mistake made by others....

I admire the initiative made by Maybank especially in the electronic banking. I only went to the ATM for cash withdrawal or top-up my Touch N Go. The rest all done electronically. But this incident has left a sour taste for me.....

Well, that's life..... Let's hope the lady officer that handling my case can give me a good answer or at least some justification on why I became the victim....

1 comment:

syeera said...

hmm.. too bad.. BAKAR Maybank!